Saturday, June 16, 2007

Grandma's Birthday

for 25 years... this is the first time that i am celebrating my grandma's birthday... so sad rite? awoken by my mum, she said she wanted to lunch with my grandma cos its her birthday today... i duly obliged, since i have nothing much to do anyway and its been a long time since i saw grandma, prob since CNY...

reaching her house, its all nice and simple, not too much modern gadgets, just a simple HDB flat good enuff for her and grandpa... simple, peaceful lifestyle... something that i realised is lacking in a lot of pple's life, mine inclusive. we have been asking for too much and going after an endless chase of papers and better wants... I begin to wonder what kind of life will i lead after i get married and when i grow old...

talking to grandma was nice, she never said much, but i could sense it in her that she is happy, that her daughter and her grandson make time to visit her, bringing sparks into an otherwise monotonous life. She was glad to show me photos of her recent trips to japan and korea... ask about me and what i wanna do... chit chat about the nice "wife's biscuits" that aunt brought back from HK... funny how this kind of things can never happen with my paternal side grandparents... really different i guess... I always feel more homely with my maternal side relatives anyway... but i realized that after all these years, i haven been much of a family man... I think its about time that i make up for it...

nowadays, i'm not even applying much for jobs. i think somewhere in one corner of my heart and mind, i am hoping that i can fly... its always been my wish to travel, i think i had more or less made up my mind... Unless Meltwater News comes in with a good offer. thats about the only thing that is making me having seconds thots now, cos i am on a huge percentage pinning my hopes on flying. I am quite worried about failing the medical especially since they haven contacted me after so long... worrying...

Fantastic 4 tonite with the bachelor boys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home