Sunday, January 08, 2006

Creating History

Just had a team bonding session for the takraw boys... it was enjoyable and much anticipated cos tmr is our actual competition itself, we all have the common goal of bringing back the Gold this time round and we are pretty sure that we can do it when we play normally.

It all started with video viewing at blue oyster coupled with pizza dinner. We analyzed our own game and made some critics of it. After that it was all relax and fun with the movie "Coach Carter" at B lounge. there were fights leading up to the choice to the movies, with "The Longest Yard" coming in close second. for being a desruptive force, jeremy mak kana-ed hamtam badly, chief culprit being my beloved neighbour, Roger and Ah nua.

After the whole thing, it was a briefing about tmr and Ben surprised everyone by giving each and everyone of the team a little keychain with a takraw ball and a personal note that comes with it. I think it touches everyone and for me, its the first time that i received anything of such. Kudos to him. And i thot i saw Weifeng trying to hold back his tears...

my message reads:

Jingpei, I'm glad you perservered during that period just after your injury. I believed it must have been a low period when your touches were not what you would have wanted. But ultimately, you trained hard and now, I'd say the only way for you to go, is to be better & a stronger player.
'Sup! Ben, IHG 05/06

its been difficult, but what touches me is the fact that he said, he felt really touched and warm when the whole team went to dry the court together after a heavy downpour, so that we can train and play our friendly with Sheares... I felt it too...
I know i've been off recently, but if I were to play tmr... rest assured, i wun disappoint, cos i wanna create history...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home