Thursday, January 05, 2006

IHG Rally

IHG Rally just ended, i think this year was a little more fun compared to previous years. The feedback i got from previous years' was that its boring and stale, but i thot Derrick manage to spice it up a little and make it a little more interesting...

Thou IHG has started and maybe ended for some people who are in guy's soccer or girl's hockey, but the rest of the games are just beginning... I thought this year's freshies dun feel as much for hall as the seniors do, but i was proven wrong today in the girls' hockey, thou we lost to TH (who imported a ton of players from ivp or floorball) i thought our girls gave a good account of themselves, they really gave their all and ran their hearts out. You see people like Su diving for the ball on a hockey pitch or Lynn playing till her fingers cramped. These are the absurd things which people wun hear of in a normal game, but i witnessed it all, I think i found some jnrs who matched my love for the hall already, for that they have my respect.

When Derrick was giving his speech, he mentioned that my celebrations and diving for the supporters was the moment for him, it brought me back to the game itself. I remembered Noel running towards me and hugging me and these are his exact words; "You have mud in your face now, but to me, you are the most handsome in the world!" These are the elations that people feel for the game and when they play for the hall, i can remember how tight Pillay hugged me, me and him, at that moment must have really thought that the jinx was broken, but at the end, we shot ourselves again...

I'm sure this is not the end, cos i have got 4 more coming up and i will give my all... Touch, Sepak, Handball and Softball and more... Its this kind of feeling that makes people come back for more... now i am considering if i wanna do honours just to play 1 more IHG... I had really wished that Derrick asked me to speak just now, but i wouldnt wanna hogged the limelight, cos afterall i'm merely a junior senior... but though the great engine is just starting, it will roll on and crush everybody. Welcome to IHG, freshies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home