Saturday, July 23, 2005

J.K. Rowling

She is a genious, isn't she...?
from the verge of bankruptcy to multi-millionaire.
All for coming up with a series of books of "The Boy who lived", "The Chosen one" who studied in Hogwats, captivated the entire world, all over and changed her life eversince.

Harry Potter's latest book was out on the 16th July, but i only finished reading it last night. Slow by manys' standard but i had other things to do. But i am sure that my feelings when i finished the book is no less similar to all the others before me.... saddened by the fact that Dumbledore had died... Through her ingenious ways of developing the characters in the book, I am sure that the entire Harry Potter readers population were as affected as me, not ONE less. I am totally immersed in the book... like TOTALLY... I still remembered vividly when Joey first told me about the book, how skeptical and scornful I was, towards THAT book, when i saw people of my age, guys and girls all reading it. But after i watched the movie, it was a lesser depiction of what the book is, seriously, but it did enough to draw my attention to start buying the book and reading it... and i never regretted since.

There is nothing more that i can wish for but the continuation of the book each time i picked it up... I could feel the characters walking and feeling in my mind, like the entire story being played into real life. I think i read the entire series so far, no less than 5 times, cover to cover... but i just can't get enough of it. Honestly, i don't wish that it will stop at Book 7. I had wished that it will just continue forever and ever...

People start feeling with all the characters in the book itself, the elation, the anxiety, the desperate-ness, the despondant, the tears, the laughter, the frustration and everything else that it offers... I was sad when Sirius died, it felt worse last night when Dumbledore fell... It just spoilt my entire night when i finish the book... felt that i could never be happy again (like the dementors are around)... i had no mood for anything else...

Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face.

'Severus ... please ...'

Snape raised his wand and pointed it directly at Dumbledore.

'Avada Kedavra!'


I teared......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home